This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best possible experience on our website.

We have made some changes to our privacy policy and terms and conditions about how we use your data.

Find out more
Cookie Portal
Manage and find out more about the cookies used on this website.
View Cookie Settings
Read Cookie Policy

Accept All Cookies and Close
Close Without Saving
< Back
This website has 3 types of cookies:
Your preferences will not take affect until the next page loads or this page is reloaded.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Feature Cookies
Performance Cookies
Save and Close
< Back
< Back
Cookie Policy
< Back

Home Leisure Direct SEO Case Study

747% ROI achieved

As of November 2016, we have been working with Home Leisure Direct, an award-winning e-commerce brand. Within a five-month window, a short timescale within SEO, we have achieved an 89.32% increase in new users when compared to year on year data. This led to the client gaining an extra 51,495 new users throughout the period of January to May. By focusing on high-value traffic, the campaign delivered a 21.39% increase in conversion rate. Overall this resulted in an increase of transactions by 120.95% for the client. As a result, within the four-month period specified we achieved a 747% ROI.

Get in touch



747% ROI


Home Leisure Direct

We were approached by Home Leisure Direct to help them with their SEO issues, having had in-house resources previously. They needed to increase their business growth potential as a number of high level competitors had started to up their digital marketing game, which in turn was costing the company as they were forced to compete on AdWords.

What was the the objective?

1. To increase online visibility for commercial key terms

2. Take number 1 spots from lead competitor

3. Utilise content marketing to gain higher brand awareness and authority within the industry

What was the challenge?

There were several issues with indexing and crawl efficiency based on a legacy http-https migration. The site index rate was around 20% and the legacy issues caused site crawling problems. To investigate we used a website developer file, a new technical SEO technique called log file analysis, which involves analysing the server log files for crawling inefficiencies.

We carried out a detailed log file analysis, which revealed numerous 301 redirects within the navigation, 404 error pages and an out of date sitemap.

Our Process

Using log file analysis, we located these issues and increased the index and crawl efficiency of the site. By doing this we increased the visibility to 50% and made sure Google could crawl the site a lot more easily, ensuring any changes we made to pages were crawled and indexed quicker.

Page load speed is one of the core metrics in SEO. We reviewed the page speed on desktop and mobile to make sure that all pages loaded within a reasonable timeframe. To increase page speed images were optimised, CSS code was streamlined and page content (especially on mobile) was also streamlined within an accordion.

Next, we carried out detailed keyword research with a focus on analysing and selecting high traffic head key terms, along with a long tail variant to ensure we could drive a wide variety of traffic to the site. This approach helped develop a larger net gain to traffic, and also delivered a far better user experience for the searcher, which improved the conversion rate for the traffic gained. The result achieved was a higher percentage of revenue growth than traffic growth, which is an impressive achievement on an SEO project, especially in such a short timeframe.

The category content was hidden with a read more element. We removed this and ensured content was visible on the landing page when both Google and the potential customer visited. Next we worked with the in-house team to create a category landing page structure that would enhance SEO while continuing to be useful to users.

Customer journey mapping, although not traditionally SEO-focused, enhances website experiences. By developing strategies within the strategy, we focused on improving user experience for the visitors on both desktop and mobile. We built conversion funnels, and implemented user recordings and heat-mapping on key baseline pages, using a variety of data sets out of a 3,000 sample to get the highest confidence rating for any changes we recommended.